geronimo-user mailing list archives

From dbrenck <>
Subject maven - geronimo 2.0 example build problem
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:51:22 GMT

Hi there,

n00b question: where can i get the missing artifact from. Is there a list of
alternative repositories somewhere? Did i missconfigure maven??

My error message: (please dont quote it in ur answers ;-)

[INFO] Error during page generation

Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Missing:
1) org.apache.geronimo.samples:myphonebook-ejb:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.samples
-DartifactId=myphonebook-ejb \
          -Dversion=2.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
there:       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.samples
-DartifactId=myphonebook-ejb \
          -Dversion=2.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
           -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.geronimo.samples:myphonebook-war:war:2.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.geronimo.samples:myphonebook-ejb:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (,
  codehaus (,
  codehaus-snapshots (,
  apache-snapshots (,
  central (

[INFO] Total time: 31 seconds

Btw.: this maven thing is hard stuff for me. I m often on the train, when
experimenting with ejb/jboss/glassfish and geronimo. Got no internet link
then, while geronimo examles and builds do often need maven to download
<?whatever?>. Thats anoying somehow.
Is there a way to convert pom.xml to build.xml (ant)? (Yes, I know about the
.m2 repository - but it always seems to be incomplete...)