geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tomasz Mazan <win...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: classloading within an EAR file problem
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:55:52 GMT

pieterd wrote:

> Hi,  (using geronimo v2)
>
> I have an EAR file with 2 WAR files:
> bsl.war (service layer)
> webstore.war (application)
>
> The webstore.war calls classes within the bsl.war
>
> Is there a way I can get geronimo to load the bsl.war file first and the
> webstore.war file second within the same classloader? I have had a look at
> the documentation around the application.xml and geronimo-application.xml,
> but it is not clear.
>
> currently geronimo gives me a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" when
> deploying the EAR.
>
> With weblogic I would have done this with the following in the
> weblogic-application.xml file:
> <weblogic-application>
> 	<classloader-structure>
> 		<module-ref>
> 			<module-uri>bsl.war</module-uri>
> 		</module-ref>
> 		<classloader-structure>
> 			<module-ref>
> 				<module-uri>webstore.war</module-uri>
> 			</module-ref>
> 		</classloader-structure>
> 	</classloader-structure>
> </weblogic-application>
>
> thanks
>
> -pieter

Try to do something like I did for my ejb.jars included in EAR. I created
geronimo specific deployment descriptor (in your case geronimo-web.xml) and
put there module and dependency configuration for example

descriptor for bsl

    <moduleId>
        <groupId>your.app.group</groupId>
        <artifactId>BSL</artifactId>