geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tomasz Mazan <win...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: Problem with referencing to beans from other ejb-jars
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:06:21 GMT

David Blevins wrote:

> Hi Tomasz,
>
> I created a doc for you that describes the missing parts.
>
>    http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJB/ejb-refs.html
>
> Keep what you have with the openejb-jar and add the parts described
> in this to your ejb-jar.xml.
>
> Unfortunately, while looking into this I discovered that our code for
> overriding an @EJB annotation with an  in the xml is not
> implemented, thus if you have @EJB and the corresponding  as
> described in the first section of the document, you'll end up with
> two refs and not one as you should.
>
> We'll get this fixed asap, but until then follow the technique
> described in the second part of the doc and in the next version of
> Geronimo you'll be able to delete some of that xml and readd the @EJB
> annotation.
>
> -David

David, this example doesn't want working.
I found text below in ejb-jar specification:

The ejb-link element is used in the ejb-ref element to specify that an
EJB reference is linked to another enterprise bean in the ejb-jar
file.

The value of the ejb-link element must be the ejb-name of an enterprise
bean in the same ejb-jar file, or in another ejb-jar file in the same
J2EE application unit.

I suspect it's not correct way :-|

Beniamin