geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Carver <carver...@gmail.com>
Subject JOSSO with Geronimo
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:39:41 GMT

Hi,

I am using JOSSO to supply the single sing-on capability. But, JOSSO only
support Tomcat and JBoss. As Geronimo is built on top of Tomcat, I think I
can config the JOSSO agent in Geronimo 1.1.1 which is similar to Tomcat.

Unfortunately, I found that the Geronimo 1.1.1 configuration is very
different than Tomcat. After investigate on Geronimo, I have a couple of
questions:

1. How to define a server level TomcatJAASRealm (instance of
org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm) in Geronimo 1.1.1?
It is easy to config a Geronimo Security Realm using the console or
deployment plan. But I can't use the deployment plan to deploy Tomcat Realm
since Geronimo Security Realm must be an instance of
org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.GenericSecurityRealm.

Here is the realm configuration in Tomcat:
<Server>
  <Service>
    <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
        <Realm className="org.josso.tc55.agent.jaas.CatalinaJAASRealm"
             appName="josso"

userClassNames="org.josso.gateway.identity.service.BaseUserImpl"

roleClassNames="org.josso.gateway.identity.service.BaseRoleImpl"
             debug="1" />      ...
    </Engine>
  </Service>
</Server>

Login module in jaas.conf file:
josso {
  org.josso.tc55.agent.jaas.SSOGatewayLoginModule required debug=true;
};

How to reflect the above configuration in Geronimo?

2. How to define a Valve and LoginModule in Geronimo 1.1.1?
I know we can define a Valve and LoginModule in deployment plan. But it must
be defined in the Geronimo Security Realm. What I want is defining the Relam
and LoginModule out of the Geronimo Relam.

Here is the Valve configuration in Tomcat:
    <Server>
      <Service>
        <Engine>
          <Host>
            <Valve className="org.josso.tc55.agent.SSOAgentValve"
debug="1"/>
          </Host>
        </Engine>
      </Service>
    </Server>
How to reflect the above configuration in Geronimo?

3. How to refer the third party classes in config.xml?
I know we can refer the third party classes in deployment plan using
dependency or sharedlib gbean, but I don't know how to do it in config.xml.

JOSSO Agent Config Reference: http://www.josso.org/tomcat55-howto.html

Many Thanks,
Carver