geronimo-user mailing list archives

From dr_d00m <ferdinand.fu...@gmx.de>
Subject Migration from JBoss to Geronimo
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:17:03 GMT

Hi,
I try to migrate a JCA Resource Adapter from JBoss to Geronimo. I already
followed the instructions at
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/jboss-to-geronimo-jca-migration.html#JBosstoGeronimo-JCAMigration-migration
so that I already deployed the rar-file.
Now I want to access this Adapter from my own Servlet, but it does not find
the right context. The server throws a NamingNotFoundException.
The context is called by the following java code:

		Object result=null;
		ctx=new InitialContext();
		result=
			ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/kanioRA");

I tried some fixes in my web.xml, my geronimo-web.xml and my
gernonimo-ra.xml but none oft them worked.
When I entered a resource-ref in the web.xml the server couldn't even deploy
the war-archive.
Here is the error code.

Error: Unable to distribute kanioRA.war:
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to resolve
resource reference 'kanioRA' (Could not find resource 'kanioRA'.
Perhaps it has not yet been configured, or your application does not
have a dependency declared for that resource module?

Search conducted in current module and dependencies:

[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6//car]

[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis//car]

[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2//car]

[ALL: org.apache.openejb/openejb-core//jar]

[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-openejb//jar]

[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car]

[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko//car]

)

    Unable to resolve resource reference 'kanioRA' (Could not find
resource 'kanioRA'.  Perhaps it has not yet been configured, or your
application does not have a dependency declared for that resource
module?

Search conducted in current module and dependencies:

[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6//car]

[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis//car]

[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2//car]

[ALL: org.apache.openejb/openejb-core//jar]

[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-openejb//jar]

[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car]

[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko//car]

)

I fixed the dependencies but the error message did not change.

Perhaps someone of you could help me to find my mistake. I attached the
web.xml, geronimo-web.xml and geronimo-ra.xml files.

I would apreciate any kind of help.

Thanks,
Ferdinand

http://www.nabble.com/file/p12612555/geronimo-ra.xml geronimo-ra.xml