geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mike Krause <michaeldouglaskra...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo Server Plugin: "Could not find the main class. Program will exit."
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 16:26:28 GMT

So, instead of installing the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (which I am unable to
do because of a dependency which I cannot resolve - see my previous post), I
just added a new server run time by bringing up the servers view, and
clicking on "Download additional server adapters" and selecting the Apache
Geronimo v1.0 Server from the list.  It actually downloads and installs the
server adapter.  I point it at the root of my installation directory and the
server appears in the Servers list.  I then click Run and get the following
error in the console:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/geronimo/system/main/Daemon

and the following error dialog:

"Could not find the main class.  Program will exit."

So... I'm starting to think I might go back to JBoss and use that because at
least the plugins work.

Can anyone help?

- Mike