Jason, Bill, Mark,

Many thanks for your responses. I'm currently doing a build of the latest code, and will have a look the deployment generator interface today. At first glance I don't really think its quite what I'm after, I'm really hoping for something that can generate these files for me during my build process without any intervention. If possible I'd also quite like to be able the same app on both JBoss and Geronimo and generate all the deployment descriptors for both at build time.

It sounds from your reply, Mark, that what I've done on my XDoclet plugin might be quite helpful. I'm quite happy to develop it further if people find it useful. Presumably its ok if add this to JIRA and assign it to myself and continue working on it?

Regards,

Jon

Mark Aufdencamp wrote:
Jonathan,

I have run into this issue as well.  Please see my posts from the
Spring.   My research revealed that the OpenEJB XDoclet implementation
was indeed for version 1.0 of OpenEJB.  I did not find a release for
version 2.0 of OpenEJB.

Not having the openejb-jar.xml mappings generated from the source did
make managing my Entity Beans a little harrier.  I was able to generate
the ejb-jar.xml from the XDoclet annotations, but had to hand develop
the openejb-jar.xml from scratch.  It worked, but I'd love to be able to
plug-in an XDoclet module and have the base openejb-jar.xml generated.
It whould serve as an initial source for a deployment tool utilized by a
Server Administrator.  That enables clear seperation of developer and
administrator duties, while offering codebase stability and deployment
flexibility.

Mark Aufdencamp
Mark@Aufdencamp.com