Tim,
Thanks for the reply.  Reviewing the plugins installed it looks as though the plugin is at version 1.0.0 with the org.apache.geronimo.runtime.v1 plugin at version 1.0.1.  Hmm I don't see a feature.  I am not quite sure the version of geronimo.  It comes bundled and is installed by a script so I am not entirely sure of the version.  My educated guess is that it is at version 1.2.  The version of WTP is 1.5.x.

Its not straightforward to offer a sample app, since I can't really offer up my plugin, so I will describe it.

When you add a project dependency for a web app, I noticed that the Geronimo Eclipse plugin will generate a jar file in the ${GERONIMO_HOME}/shared/lib directory with the name ${PROJECT_NAME}.eclipse.jar.  In that jar there is a manifest that is pointing at the java source output directories for the web app project and the output directories for any project dependencies.  It would be nice to customize that, but that is just fine for now.  The shared/lib directory is also where I generate a jar file that contains a manifest describing the set of shared libraries that all deployed web apps will share.

If I add a classpath entry directly in the .classpath file for a library jar dependency, it will show in the ${PROJECT_NAME}.eclipse.jar just fine.  The problem comes in that I want to use a classpath container to resolve library dependencies and not have to manage entries directly in the .classpath file.  Even when the container resolves down to a set of flat jar files, it does not matter.  It seems that the plugin does not check the resolved classpath of a java project and only checks the raw classpath.  Shouldn't it construct the classpath by checking all project dependencies and by using the resolved, and not raw, classpath?

I am faced with a significant rewrite right now if I cannot figure out a solution, any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
James