To add more into it the Eclipse console displays the following

Startup completed in 1:01.418s seconds
  Listening on Ports:
    1051 CORBA Naming Service
    1100   RMI Naming
    1528   Derby Connector
    2002 OpenEJB ORB Adapter
    4202   OpenEJB Daemon
    4243   Remote Login Listener
    6883 OpenEJB ORB Adapter
    8010    Tomcat Connector AJP
    8081   Tomcat Connector HTTP
    8444   Tomcat Connector HTTPS
   10000   JMX Remoting Connector
   61614   ActiveMQ Transport Connector
   61617   ActiveMQ Transport Connector

  Started Application Modules:
    EAR: org.apache.geronimo.configs /webconsole-tomcat/2.0-M6-rc1/car
    RAR: org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-ra/2.0-M6-rc1/car
    RAR: org.apache.geronimo.configs/system-database/2.0-M6-rc1/car
    WAR: org.apache.geronimo.configs/dojo-tomcat/2.0-M6-rc1/car
    WAR: org.apache.geronimo.configs/remote-deploy-tomcat/2.0-M6-rc1/car
    WAR: org.apache.geronimo.configs/welcome-tomcat/2.0-M6-rc1/car

  Web Applications:

Geronimo Application Server started

But the server never starts It remains in the synchronized state and finally it is in stopped state....