geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Viet Nguyen" <vhng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem at geronimo boot
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:40:38 GMT
Paolo,

I found these two related jiras that I hope will fix your problem:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-2281
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-3571

People have suggested two solutions:
1. switch to using Hibernate 3.2.0 (hibernate "solution")
2. set MBeanExporter's "exposeManagedResourceClassLoader" property to "true"
(spring workaround)

> On Aug 31, 2007, at 7:16 AM, Paolo Denti wrote:
>
> Hi kevan, sorry i could not answer before. No, the structure is the usual
> one
>  EAR:
>   META-INF/
>   War
>     WEB-INF
>     lib
>       hibernate.jar       spring.jar(s)
>

> Hey Paolo,
> No problem... So, there's a single WAR? Well, Kevan's fancy theory is
> sinking quickly... :(
>

> Viet, may be that you are not really using the transaction manager of the
> container ? may be you are using just some queries in autocommit mode or
> read-only mode ?
>

> I'm pretty sure the app is using the TM.

The sample app that I used to test the TM is using the container's TM to
read and change the DB. If you would like to see it, we recently updated the
wiki for Geronimo 2.0. It's here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/jboss-to-geronimo-hibernate-migration.html

It will be great if you can try the suggested solutions.

Regards,
Viet