geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Re: Differences between JSP on-the-fly compilation and JSP precompilation
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:50:09 GMT
This is an issue that relates to the G543818 Tomcat patch in Geronimo.
This patch seems to have implemented instance manager pooling for tags.
Geronimo requires this, and in order to enable this for precompilation, the
following Java system property needs to be set in the precompilation
process:

org.apache.jasper.Constants.USE_INSTANCE_MANAGER_FOR_TAGS=true

If this property is not set, then precompiled JSPs that contain tags will
not work with Geronimo.  If this is not documented somewhere already, it
probably should.

Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nanner@mxi.com> wrote on 08-16-2007
02:40:15 PM: