geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Differences between JSP on-the-fly compilation and JSP precompilation
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:40:15 GMT

I've tried precompiling my JSPs for the first time using the
org.apache.jasper.JspC class.  The precompiling works fine, except I get a
runtime error in the JSPs when I try to access my web application:

-------
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: separate instantiation and
injection is not supported
      at
org.apache.geronimo.jasper.JasperServletContextCustomizer$JasperInstanceManager.newInstance(JasperServletContextCustomizer.java:84)
      at jspservlet.common.security.login.default_jsp._jspService(Unknown
Source)
-------

I do not get this error when I do not precompile my JSPs.  After a little
investigation, it seems that my precompiled JSPs are compiled differently
then when they are compiled at runtime by the server.  The different code
that is created after compilation triggers the above error in the
org.apache.geronimo.jasper.JasperServletContextCustomizer class.

I'm trying to figure out why these JSPs would be compiled differently in
these scenarios.  Anybody have any ideas?

I'm using Geronimo 2.0.

Thanks,
Aman

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and
delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *