geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Bea Ear file will not deploy in Geronimo2 after migration
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:17:42 GMT

On Aug 17, 2007, at 1:03 PM, tobstar wrote:

> Hi Viet,
> I will try the <context-root> in the geronimo-web.xml, but what is the
> context-root tag in my application.xml then?
>
> application.xml
>
> <module>
>          <web>
>              <web-uri>myweb.war</web-uri>
>              <context-root>/myapp</context-root>
>          </web>
> </module>

If you have a context-root in geronimo-web.xml it will override one
in application.xml.  In an ear you can also leave out the context-
root in geronimo-web.xml and then the one from application.xml will
be used.  So with your original setup the web-app would be at admin
not myapp.  There have sometimes been problems with leaving out a /
at the start of context-root so although I'm pretty sure we fixed all
those you might try /admin in your geronimo-web.xml also.

thanks
david jencks