geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem at geronimo boot
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:42:47 GMT

On Aug 29, 2007, at 6:22 AM, Paolo Denti wrote:

> Kevan, i tried and following the execution, the problem is in the
> proxyManagerClass.getMethod("createProxy", clzArray);
> the getMethod call fails.
>
> But looking at the javadoc i see that the signature of the
> ProxyManager createProxy method is
>  Object createProxy(javax.management.ObjectName, Class)
> but we are inovoking proxyManagerClass.getMethod("createProxy",
> clzArray) where clzArray is a Class[] as if the signature were
>  Object createProxy(javax.management.ObjectName, Class[])
Hi Paolo,
The signature of Class.getMethod is getMethod(String, Class[]) So,
unless I need a second cup of coffee, clzArray is correct.

The getMethod call is looking for a "createProxy" method which takes
an ObjectName and Class as parameters (i.e. createProxy(ObjectName,
Class). Again, this looks correct.

I don't see a problem in that code (GeronimoTransactionManagerLookup
in http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/jboss-to-geronimo-hibernate-
migration.html), but I'm quite capable of missing a problem
(especially noting the above coffee exception clause... ;-)

Are you seeing an exception being thrown in getTransactionManager()?

Would be really great if someone could step through this Hibernate
migration example (or another Hibernate example) and get it running
on G 2.0. Anybody interested?

--kevan