geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delete or edit realm in console
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 04:25:22 GMT

On Aug 27, 2007, at 11:31 AM, Torsten Schlabach wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have a simple question:
>
> In the console, I can view and edit Security Realms which I
> created, but I cannot delete a real which I don't need any more or
> created by accident. Is that by purpose?
>
> I also noticed that when I click on edit, I get a completely
> different screen than the one that shows up when I create the realm
> for the first time.
>
> Especially, the testing buttons aren't there anymore.

Hi Torsten,
Good question.

You may have noticed that the last step of the creation of a new
security realm is a "deploy" of the realm. During this "deploy",
Geronimo is creating a system module that represents the new security
realm.

For instance, if you create a security realm named "my-realm", and
then click on "System Modules" (under Applications), you'll find a
System Module named "console.realm/my-realm/1.0/car". You can control
this system module just like any other system module. You might be
interested in "Uninstall" ;-)

This certainly isn't very intuitive. Would seem reasonable to permit
control (i.e. deletion) of a security realm from the Security Realm
page.

I'm not sure why test capabilities aren't available when you are
editing a security realm. Would seem like a useful option. Perhaps
someone more familiar with the console can comment...

If you could create Jira's for these two problems, that would be great!

--kevan