geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Is there any reason to use @Remote for session bean...
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:54:52 GMT

On Aug 28, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Tomasz Mazan wrote:

> David Blevins pisze:
>>> I'll must to investigate context using servlet to find all beans,
>>> because Your advice (EJBtest-1.0.jar/CustomerFacade(Impl)/
>>> com.your.package.CustomerFacade) hasn't helped me - I get
>>> NameNotFoundException :-(
>>
>> Definitely give that a try.  I wonder, does your bean class
>> implement the CustomerFacade remote interface?  If not than maybe
>> you don't have any proxies at all -- we wouldn't have seen the
>> interface.  Just kind of grabbing at straws :)
>>
>> Looking forward to the output of the servlet.
>>
> David, I can't say what I've done wrong before, but when I
> reorganize my apllication (and deploy as ear) in many aspects,
> Remote interface works fine :) I have to reply to your doubt  -
> bean class implements CustomerFacade remote interface.

Wow, that's interesting.  How was it organized before?  Definitely
seems like something we'll want to watch out for.

>> The fact that we can't get logging statements is a big issue.
>> Filled a jira for this one (GERONIMO-3445).
>>
> I've modified logger config like:
> #log4j.appender.CONSOLE.Threshold=$
> {org.apache.geronimo.log.ConsoleLogLevel}
> log4j.appender.CONSOLE.Threshold=INFO
> and I've seen some more messages. There's no change in subject of
> "OpenEJB jndi messages" but my problem primary problem was resolved.

That's good that you're getting more messages.  We'll have to see
what we can do about the jndi name log messages as that is by far the
easiest way to communicate someone what to lookup.

> Thank You for your help

Thanks for hanging in there!  We like it when people ask for help,
helps us make things better.  We appreciate it.

-David