geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Two phase commit - JPA + JMS
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:59:24 GMT

On Aug 30, 2007, at 8:05 AM, Tomasz Mazan wrote:

> My application uses JPA to persist data and JMS destinations to
> send requests
> to external systems. I want to make transaction using both JPA and JMS
> technologies. Over these I use SessionBeans as WebServices and this
> layer
> should manage transaction.
>
> Could you advice the best solution and point out documentation
> which could
> be helpful?

As long as you use CMT or BMT with UserTransaction with your session
beans and container managed persistence with your JPA beans this
should all work with no additional configuration.  Is something not
working?

At the moment there's a problem with message driven beans not
participating in recovery but it doesn't sound like you are using
MDBs?  In any case 2phase commit should still work with mdbs as long
as nothing crashes :-)

thanks
david jencks