geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Is there any reason to use @Remote for session bean...
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:44:59 GMT

On Aug 20, 2007, at 1:40 PM, Tomasz Mazan wrote:

>>> CustomerFacade is the name of my interface that i try to get and
>>> when i try to list the context using JNDIContext.list method -
>>> method throws exception
>>> javax.namin.OperationNotSupportedException: TODO: Needs to be
>>> implemented
>>
>> Opened a JIRA for this (OPENEJB-668).  It does work however on
>> anything running in the server-side if they construct an initial
>> context using org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory
>> as the JNDI inital context factory provider.  You could do this in
>> a servlet or ejb maybe.  But before we go there, it sounds like
>> CustomerFacade is the name of your bean implementation.  That's
>> the only way I can think that you would find a context there.
>>
>> Can you paste the bean class name and the remote interface name?
> Class name : CustomerFacadeImpl (annotated with @Stateless)
> Interface name : CustomerFacade (annotated with @Remote)

Assuming the moduleId is 'EJBtest-1.0.jar' :

ejbName      = CustomerFacadeImpl   (the default per spec rules)
deploymentId = EJBtest-1.0.jar/CustomerFacadeImpl
jndiName     = EJBtest-1.0.jar/CustomerFacadeImpl/
com.your.package.CustomerFacade

Unless however you used the @Stateless annotation like this as I
suspect you might have:

@Stateless(name="CustomerFacade")
public class CustomerFacadeImpl .... {..}

In which case your ejbName is CustomerFacade not CustomerFacadeImpl
and you then get this:

ejbName      = CustomerFacade  (set in @Stateless)
deploymentId = EJBtest-1.0.jar/CustomerFacade
jndiName     = EJBtest-1.0.jar/CustomerFacade/
com.your.package.CustomerFacade

I suspect this might be more accurate as you mentioned you found a
context when you looked up "EJBtest-1.0.jar/CustomerFacade" and that
would explain it.

>> Hmm. Did you get any additional output at all?  Figuring out how
>> to get those log messages is definitely our best bet.  Maybe try
>> just "log4j.logger.OpenEJB=INFO".  Also check that a similar line
>> isn't already there for any "OpenEJB" log cagetories.
> There's no more messages than this about deploy of MEJBGBean
> (warning). There's no jndi messages still there.

As a last resort, you can change this line in server-log4j.properties:
-log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, CONSOLE, FILE
+log4j.rootLogger=INFO, CONSOLE, FILE

That should *definitely* do it, but the flood gates will be open :)

-David