geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Trying to run a client...
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:38:17 GMT
Another option is a standalone ejb client (i.e. not running in the
app client container).

For that you'd include in your classpath the openejb-client-3.0.0-
nnnnnnn.jar, the EJB spec jar, plus any other spec jars you may use
(JTA, JPA, annotations).  And use these JNDI properties:

     Properties props = new Properties();
     props.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
     props.put("java.naming.provider.url", "ejbd://127.0.0.1:4201");
     InitialContext context = new InitialContext(props);

The JNDI Names of your beans is going to be essentially {moduleId}/
{ejbName}/{interfaceClass} and are logged when the app is started on
the info level of the OpenEJB.startup log4j category.  Info isn't
enabled by default, though, and there have been reports of difficulty
getting those log messages to show up which we are looking into.

-David