geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Is there any reason to use @Remote for session bean...
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:21:43 GMT

On Aug 27, 2007, at 2:30 AM, Tomasz Mazan wrote:

> David Blevins pisze:
>> In which case your ejbName is CustomerFacade not
>> CustomerFacadeImpl and you then get this:
>>
>> ejbName      = CustomerFacade  (set in @Stateless)
>> deploymentId = EJBtest-1.0.jar/CustomerFacade
>> jndiName     = EJBtest-1.0.jar/CustomerFacade/
>> com.your.package.CustomerFacade
>>
>> I suspect this might be more accurate as you mentioned you found a
>> context when you looked up "EJBtest-1.0.jar/CustomerFacade" and
>> that would explain it.
> David, Thanks for your help. I've just finished "holidays" in this
> subject and start trying to finish resolving this problem.

Welcome back :)

> I'll must to investigate context using servlet to find all beans,
> because Your advice (EJBtest-1.0.jar/CustomerFacade(Impl)/
> com.your.package.CustomerFacade) hasn't helped me - I get
> NameNotFoundException :-(

Definitely give that a try.  I wonder, does your bean class implement
the CustomerFacade remote interface?  If not than maybe you don't
have any proxies at all -- we wouldn't have seen the interface.  Just
kind of grabbing at straws :)

Looking forward to the output of the servlet.

>> As a last resort, you can change this line in server-
>> log4j.properties:
>> -log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, CONSOLE, FILE
>> +log4j.rootLogger=INFO, CONSOLE, FILE
>>
>> That should *definitely* do it, but the flood gates will be open :)
> Only one, additional item of "flood" is MEJBGBean exception:
>
> Module  6/36 org.apache.geronimo.configs/cxf/2.0-M6/
> car                       11:14:45,906 WARN  [startup] Unable to
> scrape for @Stateful, @
> Stateless or @MessageDriven annotations. EjbModule URL not valid:
> MEJBGBean
> java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: MEJBGBean
>
> ... and no messages about jndi. Strange

The MalformedURLException can safely be ignored, that's just a
message we need to clean up.  The fact that we can't get the log
messages though is an issue.

The fact that we can't get logging statements is a big issue.  Filled
a jira for this one (GERONIMO-3445).

-David