geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem at geronimo boot
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:41:02 GMT

On Aug 28, 2007, at 6:04 AM, Paolo Denti wrote:

> Hi Kevan,
> i was using spring 2.0.6
>
> following your suggestions and david's,
> I downloaded the tomcat version and added
> <dep:hidden-classes>
>  <dep:filter>org.springframework.</dep:filter>
>  <dep:filter>META-INF/spring</dep:filter>
> </dep:hidden-classes>
> to geronimo-web.xml
>
> but still the deploy does not work. now i stucked just a little bit
> forward. I saw that no
> org.hibernate.transaction.TransactionManagerLookup implementations
> exists for geronimo.
> I found here (http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/jboss-to-geronimo-
> hibernate-migration.html) an implementation
> (GeronimoTransactionManagerLookup) that i included in the package
> but it looks that it does not work.
>
> 10:32:23,124 ERROR [JTATransaction] Could not find UserTransaction
> in JNDI
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: UserTransaction
>        at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup
> (AbstractContext.java:163)
>        at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup
> (AbstractContext.java:597)
>        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
>        at org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransaction.<init>
> (JTATransaction.java:60)
>        at
> org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory.createTransaction
> (JTATransactionFactory.java:57)
>        at org.hibernate.jdbc.JDBCContext.getTransaction
> (JDBCContext.java:193)
>        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.getTransaction
> (SessionImpl.java:1315)
>        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.beginTransaction
> (SessionImpl.java:1325)

Nice work, Paolo. One note: the <hidden-classes> should not be
strictly necessary running on Tomcat, but one can never be too
careful... ;-)

Looks like we need to update that example for 2.0... I'm not much of
a hibernate expert. Give me a bit and will get UserTransaction lookup
working for you...

FYI, there is a J2G (JBoss to Geronimo) migration tool under
development in Geronimo. IIUC, it wouldn't help in this case, but I
could be wrong...

BTW, did you configure the hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class
in your hibernate configuration?

In the meantime, ask Hibernate to add an Apache Geronimo lookup
class... :-) Heh. Or better yet, start using JPA! ;-)

Back soon...

--kevan