geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Geronimo User" <>
Subject Re: javax/mail/Multipart missing when use SMTPAppender in
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 21:16:57 GMT
On 7/25/07, David Jencks <> wrote:
> AFAIK there is no easy way to get the mail jars in the geronimo
> startup classloader, although you might try lib/endorsed.

I solved this problem as follows.

Geronimo by default has environment variables defined like this:

17:20:17,313 DEBUG [Daemon] java.endorsed.dirs=c:\Program
17:20:17,313 DEBUG [Daemon] java.ext.dirs=c:\Program

I put the mail .jar and activation .jar into Java's ext directory in
c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre\lib\ext.

Now I can start Geronimo with an SMTPAppender defined in

View raw message