geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where i can find Geronimo Clustering and HA level of support?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 07:46:03 GMT

On Aug 23, 2007, at 11:53 AM, legolas wrote:

> Hi
> Thank you for reading my post
> I have some question regarding geronimo clustering  and fail over
> recovery
> support.
>
> 1-Is there any built-in clustering support for geronimo in application
> server level, like what we can see in GlassFish?

There are several efforts to provide various clustering solutions for
geronimo. I haven't tried any of them.  I don't know if any
instructions are up to date. Two that I know of are

WADI with jetty.  This provides web session clustering.  There are
some instructions at http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/
GMOxDEV/Clustering+Configuration+for+Jetty

Terracotta. I don't know much of anything about this but I think
there are some instructions at the terracotta site.

Tomcat native clustering

I think Jeff Genender has been working on another solution but I'm
afraid I don't know anything about it.

> 2-Is there facilities for deploying and administration of multiple
> nodes in
> a Geronimo cluster?

Gianny has talked about such a facility at least for WADI but I'm not
aware of any implementations.  There could be one I don't know about.

thanks
david jencks