geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Xh <xhsaymyn...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject the newest available dependencies - <dependency><version> question
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 09:53:03 GMT
Hi All!

I was wondering if there is a way I can point to Apache Geronimo that I want the newest version
of given dependency?

I have few versions of my "commons" libraries and I thought it would be very nice feature
if I wouldn't have to change my <dependency><version> and redeploy whole application
each time I change something in my commons libraries.

I've deployed successfully my app with:

<dependency>
                <groupId>dataweaver</groupId>
                <artifactId>dataweaver-commons</artifactId>
                <type>jar</type>
</dependency>

(so I guess that <version> element is not required)

added new method (getVersion) to the one of my classes.

when running the result:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.xh.dataweaver.common.utils.StringUtils.getVersion()

when I add the <version> element:

<dependency>
                <groupId>dataweaver</groupId>
                <artifactId>dataweaver-commons</artifactId>
                <version>1.15</version>
                <type>jar</type>
</dependency>

StringUtils.getVersion() works fine.

So, is there any way I can point to AG that I want the newest available dependencies?

thanks and regards
Lukasz

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/