geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem at geronimo boot
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:20:37 GMT

On Aug 30, 2007, at 8:12 AM, Paolo Denti wrote:

> thanks Viet, i also tried with your version. now it deploys
> perfectly but i get the same problem i have with david version.
> interface org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionWrapper is not visible from
> class loader
>
> full stack is
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: interface
> org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionWrapper is not visible from class loader
> 	java.lang.reflect.Proxy.getProxyClass(Proxy.java:353)
> 	java.lang.reflect.Proxy.newProxyInstance(Proxy.java:581)
> 	org.hibernate.jdbc.BorrowedConnectionProxy.generateProxy
> (BorrowedConnectionProxy.java:67)
> 	org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.borrowConnection
> (ConnectionManager.java:163)
> 	org.hibernate.jdbc.JDBCContext.borrowConnection(JDBCContext.java:111)
> 	org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.connection(SessionImpl.java:359)
> 	<snip>

Hi Paolo,
What's the layout of your ear? I'm guessing it's something like:

EAR:
   META-INF/
   hibernate.jar
   spring.jar(s)
   War1
   War2

In Geronimo, each of your WARs will have a unique ClassLoader. From
your stack trace, It looks like somebody (your apps, spring,
hibernate, or acegi) is attempting to share Hibernate interfaces
between two different WAR classloaders (i.e. assuming that there is a
single instance of Hibernate classes/interfaces). Moving your
hibernate.jar file into the lib/ directory of your EAR may fix your
problem (do not move the spring jars into lib). So, your ear layout
would look like:

EAR:
   META-INF/...
   lib/hibernate.jar
   spring.jar(s)
   War1.war
   War2.war

Let us know how this works. It sounds like Viet has a basic hibernate
app working. So, /me crosses fingers...

--kevan