geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tomasz Mazan <win...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: Is there any reason to use @Remote for session bean...
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:48:21 GMT

>> David, I can't say what I've done wrong before, but when I reorganize
>> my apllication (and deploy as ear) in many aspects, Remote interface
>> works fine :) I have to reply to your doubt  - bean class implements
>> CustomerFacade remote interface.
>
> Wow, that's interesting.  How was it organized before?  Definitely
> seems like something we'll want to watch out for.

David, All circumstances points that there was some kind of stupid
error. I've just reorganized back my project (deploy as single jar) and
all works. Sorry for unnecessary muddle and asking you for help.
>>> The fact that we can't get logging statements is a big issue.
>>> Filled a jira for this one (GERONIMO-3445).
>>>
>> I've modified logger config like:
>> #log4j.appender.CONSOLE.Threshold=${org.apache.geronimo.log.ConsoleLogLevel}
>>
>> log4j.appender.CONSOLE.Threshold=INFO
>> and I've seen some more messages. There's no change in subject of
>> "OpenEJB jndi messages" but my problem primary problem was resolved.
>
> That's good that you're getting more messages.  We'll have to see what
> we can do about the jndi name log messages as that is by far the
> easiest way to communicate someone what to lookup.
>
>> Thank You for your help
>
> Thanks for hanging in there!  We like it when people ask for help,
> helps us make things better.  We appreciate it.
Oh, I'm going to make production implementation of our system using
Apache Geronimo, so I couldn't give up :-) I hope that my real as well
as unreal (like that jndi name and remote interface) problems will be
helpful to improve your product.

Best regards
Tomasz Mazan