geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gallimore <jgallim...@wav2.com>
Subject Re: Using XDoclet to generate openejb-jar.xml
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:01:11 GMT
Hi Shiva,

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of those discussions, I hadn't
seen them on previous searches. The work I've currently done is an
XDoclet plugin, and therefore is using XDoclet style annotations at the
moment.

I haven't personally done much with EJB3, and hence haven't really had
much need to use the new JSR-175 annotations, but I certainly think its
right to consider providing a solution using those as well. I'm quite
happy to work on something to use JSR-175 annotations too - I'm not sure
how much overlap it'll have with what I've already done, but I think it
might have some overlap with the work you've already done with the plan
generation wizard.

Currently I only have one Geronimo specific annotation in my XDoclet
plugin, and I'll need a few more, but largely I've used the standard EJB
annotations. Presumably the same would apply using JSR-175 annotations,
but providing Geronimo specific annotations might mean that apps might
break on other app servers (or could developers get away with including
a small jar file with the Geronimo annotations in their ear files)?

One other thing - I've logged this as a JIRA issue - is this necessary /
should it be assigned to me, or anything like that?

Regards

Jon