geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gallimore <jgallim...@wav2.com>
Subject Using XDoclet to generate openejb-jar.xml
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:28:55 GMT
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I was wondering whether
anyone uses XDoclet to generate their openejb-jar.xml deployment
descriptors?

Currently we're developing for JBoss 4, and are part way through getting
our app to deploy on the community edition of Websphere. The J2G
migration tool has done an excellent job of migrating our deployment
descriptors, but going forward I'd still like to add all the necessary
XML stuff for new EJBs using XDoclet rather than hand editing the
openejb-jar.xml. Having hunted around it looks like the openejb task
that comes with XDoclet is for a much older version, and only handles
session beans.

I've started work on an xdoclet plugin that generates a basic
openejb-jar.xml for me, and I was just wondering whether I had missed an
existing tool/plugin and was just duplicating work (obviously if I
haven't and this is a useful piece of work, I'd be happy to continue and
share it).

I'd appreciate any thoughts anyone has.

Regards,

Jon