geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Nitz ...@ibis.ua>
Subject Re: ClassCastException during EJB deployment
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:00:36 GMT
Thank you for your answer, David. You are right, I already had
EJBNetworkService and have installed the second one. The idea to do this
came to me when I got the following exception during JNDI lookup of my
bean from standalone client app:

Cannot deternmine server protocol version: Received null/0.0; nested
exception is:
         java.io.IOException: Unable to read protocol version.  Reached
the end of the stream.
         at
org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.authenticate(JNDIContext.java:196)
         at
org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.getInitialContext(JNDIContext.java:181)
         at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
         at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
         at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
         at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:175)
         at
ua.odessa.ibis.core.user.registry.UserRegistryClient.<init>(UserRegistryClient.java:81)

Then I found this message
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-user/200512.mbox/%3C97d040ba7193938d5e1ae6817476d29b@yahoo.com%3E
but didn't understand where to put "allowHosts" and decided to add a new
EJBNetworkService for that :-/
Okay, now I've got it: I've added
      <attribute name="allowHosts">0.0.0.0</attribute>
to EJBNetworkService gbean in config.xml, now it looks this way:
   <module name="geronimo/openejb/1.1.1/car">
     <gbean name="EJBNetworkService">
       <attribute name="host">0.0.0.0</attribute>
       <attribute name="port">4201</attribute>
       <attribute name="allowHosts">0.0.0.0</attribute>
     </gbean>
   </module>
But nothing changes, I get the same exception during lookup().
Please, advise me the next step.

Thank you for your help,
Oleg