geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "James Ervin" <jeer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:43:15 GMT
I was looking at the method a bit and it seems as though the only classpath
container that is recognized is the maven classpath container.  Perhaps by
using the resolved classpath or by removing the if statement that checks for
the maven classpath container exclusively would be enough.  Maybe the code
could be simplified by using getResolvedClasspath() since I don' t think you
would need to call a resolveVarOrLibEntry() method anymore.

Thanks for pointer btw...  You brightened my morning....

Thanks,
James

On 8/13/07, James Ervin <jeervin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh that would be awesome.... thanks.... please let me know of your results
> ASAP.
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> On 8/13/07, Shiva Kumar H R < shivahr@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi James,
> > Looks like this is what you are looking for (I hit across this by
> > searching for "getRawClasspath" in plug-in source):
> > "processJavaProject() method of
> > org.apache.geronimo.st.core.operations.SharedLibEntryCreationOperation.javain plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.core"
> >
> > Now seeing if changing this to getResolvedClasspath (as you suggest),
> > would lead to any side effects.
> >
> > - Shiva

> > > Thanks for the reply, I actually am using a Publish Operation to set
> > > the shared library support, so yes I am using some of that support.  The
> > > issue I am having is the fact that when the Geronimo plugin is computing the
> > > <Project-Name>.eclipse.jar manifest for the ${GERONIMO_HOME}/shared/lib
> > > directory, it seems to only consider the raw classpath from the Eclipse
> > > JDT.  In other words, it appears almost as though its using
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject.getRawClasspath() instead of
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject.getResolvedClasspath().  I say
> > > almost, because it will resolve Classpath Variable entries.  The net effect
> > > is that I have to hard code entries in the .classpath file for each jar file
> > > I want in that manifest, but that is what classpath containers are supposed
> > > to help you with.
> > >
> > > I have considered it, but the circumstances are such that I have to
> > > use what I am given so far.  I will look at version 2.0 and the latest
> > > from the plugin, but that leads me to one of my earlier questions in my
> > > first post.  Where in the plugin do I look for where it is computing the
> > > manifest for the <Project-Name>.eclipse.jar?  I have to admit I am a
bit of
> > > a newbie when it comes to EMF (I'm not sure that I hate it, but I have yet
> > > to see what I really like about it.  The idea seems very interesting, but I
> > > am not crazy about the results I have seen so far) and well the Geronimo
> > > Plugin source tree seems almost as big as WTP's at this point, so any
> > > pointers would be most appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > James

The

> > > --
> > > James E. Ervin, IV
> > >
> > > A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion,
> > > butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance
> > > accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
> > > orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch
> > > manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die
> > > gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
> > > -Robert A. Heinlein
> > >
> > > Blog: http://iacobus.blogspot.com
> > >

> --
> James E. Ervin, IV
>
> A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher
> a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
> build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
> cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
> program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
> Specialization is for insects.
> -Robert A. Heinlein
>
> Blog: http://iacobus.blogspot.com

--
James E. Ervin, IV

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a