geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "James Ervin" <jeer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:14:31 GMT
On 8/8/07, Tim McConnell <tim.mcconne@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again James, Sorry for the delay but I've been trying to fully
> understand
> what you're trying to accomplish. Have you considered using the shared lib
> support that is already provided by the Geronimo plugin publish/deploy
> functionality ?? If I correctly understand what you're trying to
> accomplish the
> shared lib support should work for you. It's not obvious to me though why
> you
> are so adverse to using the built-in publish/deploy capabilities of the
> plugin.
> Finally, have you considered upgrading to the latest versions of Geronimo
> and
> the plugin ?? Geronimo 2.0 is currently being voted on for release, and
> the
> plugin will be voted on for release shortly thereafter. Just curious.
> Thanks
> much....

Thanks for the reply, I actually am using a Publish Operation to set the
shared library support, so yes I am using some of that support.  The issue I
am having is the fact that when the Geronimo plugin is computing the
<Project-Name>.eclipse.jar manifest for the ${GERONIMO_HOME}/shared/lib
directory, it seems to only consider the raw classpath from the Eclipse
JDT.  In other words, it appears almost as though its using
org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject.getRawClasspath() instead of
org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject.getResolvedClasspath().  I say almost,
because it will resolve Classpath Variable entries.  The net effect is that
I have to hard code entries in the .classpath file for each jar file I want
in that manifest, but that is what classpath containers are supposed to help
you with.

I have considered it, but the circumstances are such that I have to use what
I am given so far.  I will look at version 2.0 and the latest from the
plugin, but that leads me to one of my earlier questions in my first post.
Where in the plugin do I look for where it is computing the manifest for the
<Project-Name>.eclipse.jar?  I have to admit I am a bit of a newbie when it
comes to EMF (I'm not sure that I hate it, but I have yet to see what I
really like about it.  The idea seems very interesting, but I am not crazy
about the results I have seen so far) and well the Geronimo Plugin source
tree seems almost as big as WTP's at this point, so any pointers would be
most appreciated.

Thanks,
James

--