geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem at geronimo boot
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:36:35 GMT

On Aug 27, 2007, at 2:47 PM, Paolo Denti wrote:

> Hi, i am a brand new geronimo user (or at least i am trying to be)
> I am trying to deploy already existing applications (EARs), already
> working on jboss, without any particular deployment descriptior, on
> geronimo.
> I always get NPEs at geronimo startup. below you can find the
> stacktrace.
> it happens if i deploy with geronimo running or if i deploy with
> geronimo stopped and then start geronimo.
>
> environment is
> - geronimo 2.0.1 with jetty
> - os x 10.4.10
> - jdk 1.5.0_07
> - JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/
> CurrentJDK/Home
>
> thanks
> Paolo
>
> Geronimo Application Server started
> 23:16:07,293 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.CopyResourceContext.addFile
> (CopyResourceContext.java:144)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.addFile
> (DeploymentContext.java:461)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.web25.deployment.AbstractWebModuleBuilder.installM
> odule(AbstractWebModuleBuilder.java:288)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.web25.deployment.AbstractWebModuleBuilder$
> $FastClassByCGLIB$$8523248f.invoke(<generated>)

Poking around in the code a little bit it looks to me as if the only
way this could happen is if there is a WEB-INF/web.xml in the war but
it can't be read into a string.  Could you check the structure of
your war files and make sure the WEB-INF/web.xml are really files and
not directories and they can be accessed properly (e.g. by unjarring
them and looking at them in an editor, or looking at them in emacs)

thanks
david jencks