geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to run a client...
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 03:40:06 GMT

On Aug 28, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Colin Freas wrote:

> I have Geronimo 2.0.1 up and running, and have installed a simple
> EJB that I want to test with a client.
>

> My understanding is I need to create a geronimo-application-
> client.xml file and place it in the jar file of my client.  Is that
> correct?  I’m having trouble determining the precise layout of the
> geronimo-application-client.xml file, which elements are required
> and what form they should take.
Hi Colin,
An application client is certainly an option. However, you might find
it easier to test your EJB using a JSP/servlet...

> So far, this is what I have:
>

> <application-client
>
>     xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-client"
>
>     configId="MyConfigName"
>
>     moduleId="MyModuleId"
>
>     >

> </application-client>
Should look something like:

<application-client
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-
client-1.2"
    xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">

    <dep:client-environment>
     <dep:moduleId>
       <dep:groupId>org.myGroupId</dep:groupId>
       <dep:artifactId>MyClient</dep:artifactId>
       <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
       <dep:type>car</dep:type>
     </dep:moduleId>
    </dep:client-environment>

    <dep:server-environment>
     <dep:moduleId>
       <dep:groupId>org.myGroupId</dep:groupId>
       <dep:artifactId>MyClientServer</dep:artifactId>
       <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
       <dep:type>car</dep:type>
     </dep:moduleId>
    </dep:server-environment>

</application-client>

> So, my understanding would be that I then add this to the client
> jar as META-INF/geronimo-application-client.xml, add the jar via
> the admin console, then use “java -jar client.jar MyConfigName”
> from <geronimo-home>/bin

java -jar client.jar org/myGroupId/MyClient