geronimo-user mailing list archives

From moum <veronique.dupier...@cea.fr>
Subject Librairies/Modules Dependencies
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:56:07 GMT

-------------------- Sorry for reposting but my message is sitll pending
-----------------
Hello,
  I'm trying to configure Geronimo 1.1.1 for my needs since few days and I
didn't find any solutions in the doc or forum... so here is my problem :
    - I have a jar (test.jar) containing my domain objects and
hibernate/spring DAO classes  to access my DB.
    - I have an EAR app with (at least) a web app using that jar.

The first deployment I did was :
  1.  package all my classes and it's dependencies (spring, hibernate,
commons-collections...) in a single jar file (test.jar)
  2. add that jar as a commons lib(lib/test/3.2/jar)
  3. add a dependency to that lib in the geronimo-application.xml of the ear
app

This work fine !! Now, I'd like to not have to package all thirdparty libs
in my test.jar file ! I could add all dependencies in my
geronimo-application.xml but I would prefer to "specify" (HERE is the
Problem :o)) that test.jar depends on other libs and that my ear depends on
lib/test/3.3.0/jar...

My Tests:
  -   I tried to add all thirdparty jar as commons lib
(test/<thirdparty-lib>/<version>/jar) and hope test.jar will find necessary
lib :o) ... OK this was a little bit optimistic :)

  - I then put all the thirdparty libs in <geronimo_home>/var/shared/lib/,
they are still not seen by test.jar classes

  - I've replaced third party in geronimo comons libs and tried to create a
module instead of having a simple common lib jar : I created a
geronimo-service.xml under test.jar META-INF :
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/deployment-1.1">
  <environment>
    <moduleId>
      <groupId>lib</groupId>
      <artifactId>test</artifactId>
      <version>3.3.0</version>
      <type>jar</type>
   </moduleId>
    <dependencies>
     <dependency>
    </dependency>
    </dependencies>

Here is the deployement error
Deployer operation failed: Cannot deploy the requested application module
because no deployer is able to handle it.  This can happen if you have
omitted the J2EE deployment descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if,
for example, you are trying to deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo
server that does not have EJB support installed.
(moduleFile=D:\Programs\geronimo-1.1.1\var\temp\geronimo-deployer13538.tmpdir\ep-core-3.3.0.jar)

  I also tried to define my jar as an app but it doesn't work well
neither... I don't know what to declare to be honest ...

In short, my question is :
   How can I define a "module"/"lib" or any java app in geronimo that
depends on commons libs and then use that "module" in an ear file... ?

Thanks in advance for your help
Regards

Moum