geronimo-user mailing list archives

From songsp <songst...@gmail.com>
Subject Dependency conflict of commons-lang (Geronimo 2.0.1)
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 00:38:27 GMT

Hi,

I downloaded 2.0.1 and deployed our application successfully. However I
noticed a dependency conflict between Geronimo and our application: Geronimo
uses openjpa, which depends on commons-lang 2.0; our application uses
displaytag (http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/), which requires commons-lang
2.1 or newer (latest version is 2.3). Now in our application, as soon as I
go to a page utilizing displaytag, I get an exception from displaytag:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException:
You appear to have an INCOMPATIBLE VERSION of the commons-lang library.
Displaytag requires version 2.1 of this library, and you appear to have a
prior version in
your classpath.  You must remove this prior version and ensure that only
version 2.1 is in
your classpath.
If commons-lang-x.jar is in your classpath, be sure to remove it.

But I can't remove commons-lang 2.0 from the repository because openjpa
needs it. I can't disable openjpa either: it's a system module and if I stop
it from the console, the console itself becomes unusable (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3401)

Can anybody provide any suggestion in resolving this dependency conflict?

Thanks a lot!