geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bill Brown <wbr...@colorfulsoftware.com>
Subject Stax implementation causing issues
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:03:24 GMT

Greetings:

I have an issue with the stax implementation for the 2.0.1 build.  I did not
see in the mailing lists if the stax implementation was upgraded between
2.0-M5 and the 2.0.1 release but the xml parsing worked with the 2.0-M5
build.

I get a parse error when trying to read an xml file

com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: Expected a text token, got
START_ELEMENT.
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [2,6]
	at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.constructWfcException(StreamScanner.java:605)
	at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwParseError(StreamScanner.java:461)
	at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.getElementText(BasicStreamReader.java:677)
	at com.colorful.atom.beans.FeedReader.readExtension(FeedReader.java:174)
	at com.colorful.atom.beans.FeedReader.readFeed(FeedReader.java:102)
	at com.colorful.atom.beans.FeedDoc.readFeedToBean(FeedDoc.java:232)

the com.colorful.atom.beans library is packaged with the sun stax
implementation
<dependency>
	<groupId>javax.xml</groupId>
	<artifactId>jsr173</artifactId>
	<version>1.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
	<groupId>com.sun.xml</groupId>
	<artifactId>sjsxp</artifactId>
	<version>1.0.1</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
	<groupId>javanet.staxutils</groupId>
	<artifactId>stax-utils</artifactId>
	<version>1.0</version>
</dependency>

I am not sure why the sun classes are not used instead of the woodstock
classes.   Is there any configuration I can make in geronimo to make sure
the com.colorful.atom.beans library uses the sun implementation?  I see
there was an issue with the woodstox library here
http://www.nabble.com/-jira--Created:-(AXIS2-2589)-com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException:-Expected-a-text-token,-got-START_ELEMENT.-t3646025.html

does axis or woodstox need to be updated in geronimo?

Thanks for any input here.
Bill.