geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Damien Barthe <barthe_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject [v1.1.1. Classloader problem]
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:13:38 GMT

Hi there,
in order to test a kind of tutorial from Spring Tips (
http://springtips.blogspot.com/2007/06/using-shared-parent-application-context.html
here ) I deploy the given EAR on Geronimo 1.1.1 and test it.
The tip demonstrate how to use shared Application Context between
applications. In the EAR there is 2 webApps (web1 & web2) and one "normal"
application using spring. The webapps uses a bean in the third application
and normaly they uses the same instance of it.
But in Geronimo the instance is different, and after investigation the
classloader seems to be different too.
So I try to deploy the same EAR in JBoss and it works as intented (both
webapps uses the same instance of the bean). Idem in Glassfish.
As I use Geronimo in my projects and want to keep it I've searched a
solution to avoid this problem. But I've found anything.
Does anyone have an idea? :-D

Thx,
Barthe Damien.

P.s : if you want precision or something else, tell me.
P.s2: if you want to test the EAR, download it
http://blog.interface21.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/multiple-contexts-sample.zip
there