geronimo-user mailing list archives

From tobstar ...@icon.ch>
Subject Bea Ear file will not deploy in Geronimo2 after migration
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:31:01 GMT

Hi list,
I am a total noob with Geronimo, and I am currently looking into migrating
our application from BEA Weblogic to Geronimo2.

I have created a geronimo-web.xml and a geronimo-application.xml. I have
also adapted the application.xml towards geronimo. Geronimo is deploying my
EAR file without any problems, yet it does not publish the war file to a
url. I cannot access my application.

application.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application
       xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
       http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd"
       version="1.4">
    <display-name>My Application</display-name>
    <module>
        <ejb>myejb.jar</ejb>
    </module>
    <module>
        <web>
            <web-uri>myweb.war</web-uri>
            <context-root>/myapp</context-root>
        </web>
    </module>
</application>

geronimo-application.xml

<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1">
  <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>myapp_group</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>myapp</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
      <dep:type>ear</dep:type>
      </dep:moduleId>
  </dep:environment>
</application>

geronimo-web.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app
        xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
        <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
	     <dep:moduleId>
	       <dep:groupId>clinpoint_group</dep:groupId>
	       <dep:artifactId>clinpoint</dep:artifactId>
	       <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
	       <dep:type>ear</dep:type>
		 </dep:moduleId>
		 <dep:dependencies/>
		 <dep:hidden-classes/>
		 <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
	    </dep:environment>

        <context-root>admin</context-root>
        <security-realm-name>myrealm</security-realm-name>
        <security>
			<default-principal realm-name="myrealm">
				<principal name="anonymous"

class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoUserPrincipal"
						   />
			</default-principal>
			<role-mappings>
				<role role-name="myrole">
					<realm realm-name="myrealm">
						<principal name="restricted"

class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoGroupPrincipal"/>
					</realm>
				</role>
			</role-mappings>
		</security>
</web-app>

I also use ejbs, but I am quite confused about on how to add these to the
geronimo-web.xml.

I have lots of session EJBs in the web.xml like this, how do I access these
session beans with geronimo:

 <ejb-local-ref>
    <ejb-ref-name>ejb/myEJB</ejb-ref-name>
    <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
    <local-home>mylocalhome</local-home>
    <local>mypackage</local>
    <ejb-link>myEJB</ejb-link>
  </ejb-local-ref>

I am also using struts.

Can anybody give me a hint on how to solve the problem? Am I missing
something? I have seen lots of talk about persistence.xml. What is it? Do I
need it? Getting the application to be published via localhost:8080/myapp
would be a start. Thanks in advance.