jtaDataSourceWrapper doesn't use jndi to find the datasource: you need to give it something related to the gbean name of the datasource wrapper.  If you just supply the name of the datasource, here "green", and make sure the datasource deployment is an ancestor of the ear (or use external-modules to deploy it with the ear) it should work.  if you have lots of green datasources you can provide more components of the gbean name such as
<jtaDataSourceWrapper>name=green,J2EEApplication=default/viridian/1.0/car</jtaDataSourceWrapper>

My experience with openjpa and derby is that it doesn't work unless you also supply a nonJtaDataSourceWrapper.

daytrader jpa is now working so you might want to compare that setup if you have further problems.

You might want to avoid pasting xml into nabble unless you can figure out a way to escape it.

thanks
david jencks