geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Intra-EAR dependencies
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:16:24 GMT

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way in Geronimo 2.0 to define intra-EAR
dependencies.  Within my EAR, I define a JMS ActiveMQ resource adapter to
deploy my JMS queues and topics.  I also have an EJB JAR that is part of
the EAR which uses these queues and topics.

The problem I am experiencing is that, when deploying my application, it
seems that the GBean for my resource adapter is not running before the EJBs
are deployed.  The deployment of my application then fails.

11:00:34,650 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now
in the FAILED state:
abstractName="Mxi/Testing/1/ear?J2EEApplication=Mxi/Testing/1/ear,j2eeType=EJBModule,name=mxgeronimoejb.jar"
java.lang.IllegalStateException: GBean is not running:
Mxi/Testing/1/ear?J2EEApplication=Mxi/Testingx/1/ear,JCAResource=geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0-SNAPSHOT.rar,ResourceAdapter=geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0-SNAPSHOT.rar,ResourceAdapterModule=geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0-SNAPSHOT.rar,j2eeType=JCAResourceAdapter,name=TestingJMS

I realize that I can get around this problem if deploy my JMS resources
separately from my EAR, and then declare an explicit dependency on the JMS
RAR, but I was hoping that I would be able to package them within the same
EAR.

Thanks,
Aman

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and
delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *