geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: javax/mail/Multipart missing when use SMTPAppender in server-log4j.properties
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 03:42:58 GMT
AFAIK there is no easy way to get the mail jars in the geronimo
startup classloader, although you might try lib/endorsed.

I don't know anything about the internal structure of log4j but I
wonder, if there is a way to register an appender in code, if the
simplest and least invasive solution would be to write a geronimo
gbean to register the appender directly?  You'd lose log output up to
the point where that gbean started.

thanks
david jencks