geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to resolve dependency
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 14:12:50 GMT
I am not familiar with  the sample app you are working from.... let
me check that I've guessed a couple things correctly...
- you are using geronimo 2.0-M6
- you are deploying an ear that contains a war and a rar
- the rar is providing the jms stuff the war needs

In this case you should remove
	<dep:dependency>
        <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.samples</dep:groupId>
        <dep:artifactId>jms-resources</dep:artifactId>
        <dep:version>1.2</dep:version>
        <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
     </dep:dependency>
from geroniimo-web.xml since it is trying to refer to the rar that is
packed in the same ear already.

You can also remove
	<dep:dependency>
	   <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
	   <dep:artifactId>activemq-broker</dep:artifactId>
	   <dep:type>car</dep:type>
     </dep:dependency>
from geronimo-web.xml since that is already a dependency of the rar
deployment.

It is certainly not required, but I find it simpler to manage a
single plan than many plans, one in each javaee module, so I would
put the geronimo-web.xml into the geronimo-application.xml

Hope this is relevant :-)

david jencks