geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ueberbach, Michael" <michael.ueberb...@dbh.de>
Subject AW: Still remaining problems using openJPA
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:30:00 GMT
Many thanks to all who answered.

To the (minor) issue concerning the LIKE operator with ESCAPE clause:
The MySQL version I use supports this kind of select. Using the appropriate property inside
the persistance.xml (as Peter said) is an interesting hint (thanks). But this is a more static
way of describing the case, I tried to do this dynamically.

To answer the other questions:

The MySQL database is created outside geronimo (by script). The database remains and will
not be created again.
The Geronimo database connection pool was deployed using the console (so I have no plan).
Only the neccessary entries were made (name, driver class, connection details), all default
values were accepted (except one: minimum size of pool was set to 1)
The persistance.xml is the following:
<persistence>
    <persistence-unit name="StammdatenVerwaltung">
        <description>Zugriff auf Stammdaten</description>
        <jta-data-source>MySQLPool</jta-data-source>
        <non-jta-data-source>MySQLPool</non-jta-data-source>
    </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

I compared three szenarios, always starting with both database and geronimo down:

1.
Starting DB
Starting Geronimo
Client call --> Exception (Access denied for user 'geronimo'@'localhost' to database 'GERONIMO_DB')
Stopping DB
Starting DB
Client call --> ok

2.
Starting Geronimo
Starting DB
Client call --> Exception (Access denied for user 'geronimo'@'localhost' to database 'GERONIMO_DB')
Stopping DB
Starting DB
Client call --> ok

3.
Starting Geronimo
Client call --> Exception (Unable to obtain physical connection to jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/geronimo_db)
Starting DB
Client call --> ok

(Client call means call of session bean method fetching data from standalone java client)

At the moment (for testing) I can live with this handling, but for productive purposes this
would be a problem.

Thanks
Michael

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----