geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ueberbach, Michael" <michael.ueberb...@dbh.de>
Subject AW: geronimo2.0: authentication denied
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:20:29 GMT
Hello Francisco,

I got the same exception when connecting to geronimo from an remote client (standalone java
app).
In my case it helped simply not to specify any principal. So see what happens if you ommit
the two properties

	java.naming.security.principal = system
 	java.naming.security.credentials = manager

I think that's not the full answer to your question. Maybe someone other can explain how to
configure an authentification for an application installed on geronimo.

regards
Michael

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Francisco Borges [mailto:francisco@x-hive.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2007 13:46
An: user@geronimo.apache.org
Betreff: geronimo2.0: authentication denied

Hello,

Now (using 127.0.0.1) when trying to get the initialcontext, I get

 javax.naming.AuthenticationException: This principle is not authorized.
 at
org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.authenticate(JNDIContext.java:148)
 at
org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.getInitialContext(JNDIContext.java:120)
at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)
[ETC]

Looking at the openejb code, "this principle is not authorized" only means that the authentication
was denied. But I could not find the code being used to implement the javax classes.

[...]

I initially thought that that could be related to this error when starting
Geronimo:

ERROR [[/]] "Restricted listeners property file not found

But according to D. Jencks this should not be causing any problems.
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-dev/200705.mbox/%3C2E709574-1708-467D-A3AB-AF288A932969@yahoo.com%3E>

Any ideas?
--
Francisco Borges