geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ueberbach, Michael" <michael.ueberb...@dbh.de>
Subject AW: Problems using openJPA
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:05:41 GMT
Hi Jacek,

Thanks for your hints. To the first point: I've already seen this in the spec. I'm quite shure
there is no access via the instance variables (but I will prove it again). I will also try
to eliminate the entries in persistance.xml that are not neccessary. I'll tell the results
as soon as possible.

Michael

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: eljotpl@gmail.com [mailto:eljotpl@gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Jacek Laskowski
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. Juli 2007 11:19
An: user@geronimo.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Problems using openJPA

On 7/10/07, Ueberbach, Michael <michael.ueberbach@dbh.de> wrote:
> Hello Jacek,
>
> meanwhile I'm able to send the jar I deployed to geronimo. I attach it to this mail,
sources should be included. Also the persistence.xml that is used.
> As you can see I put @Basic annotations to all property getters explicitly (although
I think this should be default) to make shure that access should be done by property (and
not by field). Nevertheless this seems not be recognized by openJPA. It would be great if
you have any idea why and what should be done.

Hi Michael,

I've just started looking into it, but thought I'd tell you that when you use property-based
access (via getters) you should not access the entity state via instance fields.

You don't need to specify vendor element in the persistence.xml file.
Geronimo defaults to OpenJPA. According to the spec (6.2.1.4 provider
p.135):

The provider element must be specified if the application is dependent upon a particular persistence
provider being used.

You don't need to specify class elements in Java EE env (as opposed to Java SE env). The container
looks for other files unless exclude-unlisted-classes element is specified (which is not the
case in your example).

See if that helps out. Going to spot other (mis)uses of the spec that might cause the trouble.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl