geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to use artifact_aliases.properties and client_artifact_aliases.properties
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:30:42 GMT
They let you substitute one module for another.  So for instance if
you want to have Firebird as your default database you could create a
new module system-database-firebird with appropriate rar
configuration and timer gbeans and put

org.apache.geronimo.configs/system-database//car=org.ashish.configs/
system-database-firebird/2.0/car

and then all the modules that depend on the system-database module
would instead depend on your system-database-firebird module.

Another place you might want to use this is to change the security
setup to use for instance an ldap login for the admin realm.

the client_ one applies to javaee app clients.

thanks
david jencks