geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Missing JAR when depolying EAR
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:23:09 GMT
I think you have this situation, based on the stack trace:

war with manfest classpath containing foo.jar
foo.jar has jcifs.jar in its manifest classpath.

There are a couple of things we could change here, I'd be interested
in some opinions...

-- if we run into this error print more information about how we got
there, such as all the jars examined for manifest classpath so far:
"foo.jar" will be on the list fairly near the end.
-- allow people to have bad manifest classpaths, and just warn loudly
about them rather than refusing to deploy.

I'm a little worried about (2) because its so easy to miss warnings
no matter how large the type size they are presented in :-).  On the
other hand if you include 3rd party jars in your ear they may have
bizarre and incomprehensibly wrong manifest classpaths that you don't
want to fix :-)

thanks
david jencks