geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to change dependency using client_artifact_aliases.properties
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:46:57 GMT

On Jul 29, 2007, at 3:59 AM, Ashish Jain wrote:

> Hi!!
>
>   I am using client_artifact_aliases.properties to change the
> dependeny. These are the steps I am following.
>
> 1)Deploy a dbpool sample using db2-8.2 jars.
> 2)launch the dependency viewer.
> 3)It shows a dependency on 8.2 jars.
> 4)Added the following in client_artifact_aliases.properties
> com.ibm.db2/db2jcc/8.2/jar=com.ibm.db2/db2jcc/9.1/jar
> com.ibm.db2/db2jcc_license_cu/8.2/jar =com.ibm.db2/
> db2jcc_license_cu/9.1/jar
> 5)Stop the server.
> 6)Restart the server.
> 7)launch the dependency viewer.
> 8)It still shows a dependency on 8.2 jars
>
> please let me know if I have missed any step.
> Is there any other way to view the dependeny of the deployed module.

Ashish,
As David Jencks mentioned on the "Unable to use
artifact_aliases.properties and client_artifact_aliases.properties",
there is a very good chance that artifact aliasing only works on a
Module level, not on specific jars.

Module aliases would look like:  org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-
security//car=org.apache.geronimo.configs/client-security/2.0-
SNAPSHOT/car

You are attempting to alias specific jars, e.g.: com.ibm.db2/db2jcc/
8.2/jar=com.ibm.db2/db2jcc/9.1/jar

--kevan