geronimo-user mailing list archives

From YunFeng Ma <yunfeng...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: G1.1 to G2.0-M6 migration: JDBC ClassCastException: DelegatingDriver
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 01:55:22 GMT
There are two ways to connect to Derby in Geronimo.

The first way:  Embedded
Your deployment plan uses this way because of the
following config
                    <config-property-setting
name="Password"/>
                    <config-property-setting
name="LoginTimeout"/>
                    <config-property-setting
name="DatabaseName">dataweaver</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="CreateDatabase">false</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName"/>
This way, you have to set system-database as a
dependency.

The another way: Network
For this way, the deployment plan should be:
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName"/>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Password"/>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Driver">org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ConnectionURL">jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/testDb;</config-property-setting>
This way, you can use derby-10.2.2.0.jar as a
dependecny.

Hope this helpful.

Thanks
YunFeng

Xh wrote:
> Hi,

derby jar to
> system-database
>
>         <dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
>             <artifactId>system-database</artifactId>
>             <type>car</type>
>         </dependency>
>
> I have no idea why your app worked in G 1.1 :-), the
DelegatingDriver
> wasn't there but I thought the same kind of problem
still occurred.

> Let us know if this doesn't fix the problem
> -------------
>
> I didn't say I use SystemDatabase and its
SystemDatasource pool ;)

> I have created my own database (dataweaver) and
created pool to this
> database.
>
> So in my G2.0M-6 I have two following embedded Derby
databases:

> 1. SystemDatabase with its
org.apache.geronimo.configs/system-database
> pool
> 2. dataweaver with its
console.dbpool/DataWeaverWARDerby one

> the funniest thing is, that SystemDatabase
getConnection() does not
> throw any exceptions,
> dataweaver getConnection() throws...
>
> maybe something else is wrong?
>
> best regards
> Lukasz

> To help you stay safe and secure online, we've
developed the all new

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/security_centre/*http://uk.security.yahoo.com/>.