geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rar error
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:54:25 GMT

On Jul 23, 2007, at 3:47 AM, alpha_one_x86 wrote:

> Hy! I have try deploy an selvlet with this guide:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/daytrader/trunk/README
> Buy geronimo tell me an error with rar (if i have understunder):
>
> sd-6915 bin # ./deploy.sh deploy
> /root/trunk/modules/ear/target/daytrader-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear
> /root/trunk/plans/daytrader-g-2.0-SNAPSHOT-plan.xml
> Using GERONIMO_BASE:   /home/geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0-M6
> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /home/geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0-M6
> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        /etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm
> Username: system
> Password: ****************
>     Error: Unable to distribute daytrader-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear:
>     org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
>     org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Missing rar in
>     repositories:
>     org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-activemq-ra/2.0-SNAPSHOT/rar
>         org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Missing rar in
>     repositories:
>     org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-activemq-ra/2.0-SNAPSHOT/rar
>         Missing rar in repositories:
>     org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-activemq-ra/2.0-SNAPSHOT/rar
>
> GĂ©ronimo is here and chroot and run under user:
> /home/geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0-M6/
> the sevlet si here, download by svn in root:
> /root/trunk/

The version of Daytrader you are using won't work with Geronimo 2.0-
M6. Daytrader has a dependency on geronimo-activemq-ra/2.0-SNAPSHOT.
However, your version of the server contains geronimo-activemq-ra/2.0-
M6.

You could probably "tinker" with the deployment plan to get around
this problem. However, for this and other reasons (e.g. pick up bug
fixes) recommend you upgrade your server to a more recent version of
our development trunk -- either build from source or you can download
a nightly build from http://people.apache.org/~prasad/binaries/20070723

--kevan